Apple could have just launched new iPad Pro models, however a supply-chain report right this moment says that Apple will nonetheless launch one other new mannequin later within the 12 months.
It was again in September of final 12 months that Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo first predicted iPad Pro models with mini-LED backlighting to launch within the closing quarter of 2020, and there have been a collection of experiences since then supporting this …
As we’ve pressured earlier than, mini-LED shouldn’t be the identical as OLED screens, nor microLED ones: this relates solely to a extra environment friendly technique of backlighting for present LCD ones.
A report in February mentioned that Apple had approved samples and placed orders for the brand new tech.
Innolux Mini LED has made a breakthrough. It’s mentioned that it has already had samples authorised by Apple and is getting ready to make shows for the newest iPad Professional pill to be launched within the second half of the 12 months.
That was echoed the following month, although solely the 12.9-inch iPad was referenced.
Epistar is among the suppliers tipped to offer the mini-LED backlighting, and a supply-chain report right this moment echoes the concept this shall be used on this 12 months’s 12.9-inch iPad Professional.
At this time’s report of a brand new iPad Professional in This fall
The Digitimes report once more helps a This fall launch.
LED corporations are usually optimistic about mini LEDs, increasing wafer, chip and packaging capability for the phase. Apple reportedly prefers mini LED to OLED for its medium-size units and can launch an iPad Professional with mini LED backlighting within the fourth quarter of 2020.
As for the just-launched fashions, suppliers seem to have been informed to count on substantial orders.
For Apple’s freshly launched iPad Professional, its suppliers are ramping up shipments for the brand new tablets, with their volumes to the seller anticipated to rise 40% sequentially within the second quarter. With the wants for working and studying from dwelling rising amid the coronavirus pandemic, IT units, equivalent to tablets, are anticipated to see demand choose up.
Digitimes has a blended observe document, however has good supply-chain sources and this newest report is consistent with these from different sources.
As for the just-launched mannequin, try our different reporting:
- iOS 13.4 will be released on March 24, new Magic Keyboard with trackpad compatible with 2018 iPad Pro
- Opinion: The new MacBook Air and iPad Pro Magic Keyboard are game changers
- Here’s how advanced cursor support will work on iPadOS
- New iPad Pro comes with Wi-Fi 6 support, unlike recent MacBook updates
- Apple’s new MacBook Air and iPad Pro are already on sale, pre-order here to save up to $105
- Watch Craig Federighi demo the new iPad Pro and Magic Keyboard with trackpad
- All 2020 iPad Pro models feature 6GB of RAM, same U1 chip as iPhone 11
- Poll: What do you think of Apple’s new iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, and MacBook Air?
- You can’t see the new iPad Pro in Apple Stores, but can see it on your desk
- How to customize the mouse cursor on iPad: tracking speed, animations, color, more
- Should you buy the new iPad Pro? Here’s how it compares to the 2018 iPad Pro
- Download the new 2020 iPad Pro wallpapers for your devices right here
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.