Together with all-new home screen widgets, iOS 14 gives the flexibility to take away app pages (with out deleting apps) as one other technique to customise your expertise. Observe alongside for a have a look at learn how to disguise iPhone app pages for a cleaner setup.
Up till iOS 14, the principle methods to arrange and clear up your property display and different app pages have been placing apps in folders, deleting them, or utilizing the offload apps characteristic.
With Apple’s newest software program, it’s doable to cover app pages. The method retains the pages and apps in your system accessible via the brand new App Library, with Siri, or a Highlight search, however removes them from view for a a lot easier iPhone interface.
Word: iOS 14 is obtainable as a free public beta in addition to a developer beta. Learn extra here on how to install them. Take into accout it’s not a good suggestion to run beta software program on a main system as efficiency points, bugs, and extra are labored out.
Tips on how to disguise iPhone app pages in iOS 14
- Lengthy-press on a clean space of your property display or any app web page (can long-press on an app too and maintain or select “Edit House Display”)
- If you’re edit mode, faucet the app web page dot icons within the bottom-middle of your display
- Uncheck app pages that you just wish to disguise
- Faucet Accomplished within the high proper nook
- You possibly can unhide your app pages at any time by reversing these steps
The place downloads go after you edit app pages
After you’ve hidden app pages, you’ll see an alert that new downloads will present up within the Just lately Added part of the App Library. For now, the default is for brand new app downloads to additionally present up on your property display/app web page however you may change that within the Settings app.
In the event you’d wish to have new downloads solely present up within the iPhone App Library and never seem on the house display or an app web page:
- Head to Settings
- Faucet House Display
- On the high underneath New App Downloads, select App Library solely
There’s additionally an choice to get a notification badge to “Present in App Library” in case you’d wish to get reminders and a shortcut.
For extra on iOS 14 options, examine our detailed have a look at how the new App Library works in iOS 14 plus the tutorials under:
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.