The 2019 Mac Professional incorporates a modular design that makes it simple to improve or swap out parts like graphics playing cards and storage. Observe alongside for find out how to set up extra storage or one other GPU with an MPX module.
MPX module stands for Mac Professional Enlargement Module, and there are already third-party choices to customise your Mac Professional. The pc’s PCIe 1-4 slots are arrange for MPX modules, and thus far, you should utilize them with Promise’s Pegasus R4i 32TB RAID storage, a Radeon Pro Vega II or Vega II Duo GPU, or the Radeon 580X.
For particulars on putting in extra RAM on the Mac Professional, you’ll be able to try this tutorial:
Mac Professional: Methods to set up extra storage or GPU with an MPX module
Notice: Seize a Phillips screwdriver.
- You’ll be able to learn extra about using the PCIe slots on your Mac Pro here
- Shut down your Mac Professional and wait 10 minutes
- When your Mac Professional is totally cool, unplug all cables besides the ability wire
- Contact the metallic Mac Professional case to discharge any static electrical energy, then unplug the ability wire
- Unlock the Mac Professional case and take away it by pulling up
- On the underside left, take away the MPX clamp plate by eradicating the Phillips screws, then do the identical with the proper aspect
- Subsequent slide the PCI retention latch to the proper (discovered within the prime center space) to unlock the MPX base
- If it is advisable take away an present MPX module, search for a launch lever on the underside proper, when it’s free, pull it straight out to take away it
- Earlier than putting in a brand new MPX module, take away the PCI slot covers on the again of the tower
- Slide your new MPX module into the bay with stable even stress
- Slide the PCI retention latch again to the left to lock the MPX bays
- Substitute the MPX clamp plates and screws, don’t over tighten them
- Put the Mac Professional case again on and switch the deal with to lock it
- Plug your Mac Professional again in, reconnect cables, and energy in your Mac
- You’ll be able to verify your new MPX module(s) are working by heading to > About This Mac > PCI Playing cards
Try the video walkthrough under from Apple:
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.