A serious new change that comes with iOS 14 alongside house display widgets is the iPhone App Library. The function presents a brand new option to handle the various apps you’ve acquired with auto-generated classes, a brand new alphabetical view, the power to cover app pages, and extra. Learn on for a hands-on have a look at the right way to use the brand new iPhone App Library in iOS 14.
For those who haven’t already seen or skilled them, the brand new iOS 14 house display widgets and App Library mix to convey the biggest-ever overhaul of the iOS consumer interface because it first launched.
What’s the App Library?
Whereas house display widgets provide a refreshed UI with different sized, customizable widgets, the App Library brings some good choices to arrange and simplify the way you entry apps with auto-generated classes/folders, the choice to cover app pages, a brand new option to handle downloads, an alphabetical app listing, and extra. The App Library lives on the finish of your final iPhone app web page.
Observe: iOS 14 is out there as a free public beta in addition to the developer beta. Learn extra here on how to install them.
Methods to use the iPhone App Library in iOS 14
Accessing the App Library
- Head to your final web page of apps
- Swipe yet one more time from proper to left
- Now you’ll see the App Library with mechanically generated app classes
Utilizing the App Library
- You possibly can faucet a person app to open it
- Use the search bar on the prime to seek out apps
- Faucet the small 4 app bundles within the backside proper nook of a class to see all of the apps in that App Library folder
- Pull down from the highest of the App Library to see an alphabetical listing of all apps
- Fascinating sufficient, I haven’t had success launching the App Library with Siri
Hiding iPhone app pages
For those who like the thought of leaning extra on the iPhone App Library, you’ll be able to conceal your app pages. That makes it faster to get to the App Library.
- Lengthy press on a clean space of your private home display or any app web page
- As soon as in edit mode, faucet the app web page dot icons within the bottom-middle of your display
- Uncheck the app pages that you simply need to conceal
- Faucet Completed within the prime proper nook
You possibly can unhide your app pages at any time by reversing the steps above.
Managing the App Library
After you’ve edited app pages, you’ll see an alert that new downloads will present up within the Just lately Added part of the App Library. For now, the default is for brand new app downloads to additionally present up on your private home display/app web page however you’ll be able to change that within the Settings app.
For those who’d wish to have new downloads solely present up within the iPhone App Library and never seem on the house display or an app web page, head to Settings > House Display and faucet “App Library solely.”
There’s additionally an choice to get a notification badge to “Present in App Library” in case you’d like reminders and a shortcut.
- Lengthy press on a class identify or a black house within the App Library to delete apps
- Lengthy press on a person app within the App Library so as to add it to again to your private home display
- For now, there’s no option to rename the auto-created App Library classes or rearrange them (hopefully that would arrive in an replace)
- You possibly can nonetheless use folders on your private home display or on app pages in addition to the App Library classes/folders, they’re separate
What do you consider the iPhone App Library? Helpful and invaluable or do you suppose you received’t find yourself utilizing it? Any modifications you’d wish to see earlier than the general public launch? Share your concepts within the feedback beneath!
Learn extra 9to5Mac tutorials:
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.