Instagram has rolled out extra granular controls to scale back destructive interactions and enhance the expertise for everybody on the platform. Learn alongside for block Instagram mentions and tags in feedback, captions, and Story.
Instagram has been in step with its ongoing efforts to combat online bullying, and a number of the newest examples embody having the ability to bulk delete comments in addition to management who can tag and point out you in feedback, Story, and captions.
The brand new options are rolling out now (should you don’t appear them strive updating Instagram). You’ll discover the brand new settings (when out there) within the Settings > Privateness part inside Instagram for iPhone.
iPhone: The best way to block Instagram mentions and tags
- Open Instagram and head to your profile (backside proper nook of the app)
- Faucet the three-line icon, then select Settings
- Now faucet Privateness
- On the high you may select from Feedback, Tags, Mentions, and Story
- Select to permit, tags, mentions, or Story replies from “Everybody,” “Folks You Observe,” or “No One.”
- Tags, Story, and Feedback privateness settings function much more controls like guide approval and extra
Right here’s how these steps look on iPhone:
After selecting which settings you’d wish to customise, choose who you’d like to have the ability to tag or point out you.
Within the Tags part, you may decide to manually approve them and within the Remark settings, you may block particular person customers.
Learn extra 9to5Mac tutorials:
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.