Among the many extra modest tweaks to the iPhone’s UI with iOS 14 is a redesigned Clock app. Whereas there are some upsides to the brand new design that partially eliminates the wheel picker, there are some complicated points to the brand new interface. Learn alongside for the best way to use the brand new iPhone alarms in iOS 14 and the place the Bedtime tab has moved.
The Clock app on iPhone with iOS 14 is less complicated in some methods but additionally a bit counterintuitive in others. Beneath we’ll take a look at the best way to finest use iPhone alarms as effectively the place the Bedtime tab now lives and extra.
Methods to use new iPhone alarms in iOS 14
- Open the Clock app
- Faucet the Alarm tab on the backside
- Faucet the orange “+” icon within the high left nook or hit Edit within the high left nook and faucet an present one to switch it
- Use the quantity keypad on the backside of the display to enter your full alarm time (don’t faucet the small orange time close to the highest, when you do, you’ll simply be modifying the hour)
- You’ll be able to omit the 0 for hours between 1-9 (e.g. sort 730 as a substitute of 0730)
- Or you may swipe up or down on the small orange time to make use of it as a wheel picker
- Don’t neglect to verify the AM/PM toggle (mild grey field alerts what is chosen) faucet Save within the high proper nook
- Alternatively, you may scroll on the orange time on the high
- You’ll be able to opt-out of the interface through the use of Siri to set your alarms or the Sleep Schedule characteristic
Right here’s how the brand new UI appears to be like and works with some extra particulars and ideas:
After you faucet so as to add a brand new alarm or edit an present one, the quickest choice is often to begin with the on-screen quantity keypad on the backside.
Don’t neglect to verify the AM/PM toggle. Sadly, it defaults to regardless of the present time is. So when you’re including or modifying alarms 12 PM or later, make sure that to change it to AM for morning alarms.
What occurs while you faucet the orange time
The brand new UI turns into complicated when you begin by tapping the orange alarm time on the high of the edit/new alarm display because it selects simply the hour to be editable or simply the minutes as proven under. That results in a counterintuitive and clunky expertise.
Nevertheless, with the default that shows the whole time in orange (exhibiting the present time) you should use the quantity pad on the backside of your display to rapidly enter the hour and minutes to your alarm. So make sure that to go straight for the quantity pad on the backside.
One other new choice is swiping on the orange time on the high which is a hidden wheel picker. It’s nonetheless a bit unintuitive, however it’s good to see Apple engaged on a hybrid method of the outdated and new UIs.
The place’s the Bedtime tab?
You in all probability additionally seen that the Bedtime tab that was once within the clock app is gone. You’ll nonetheless see the Sleep | Wake Up alarm that’s scheduled within the Alarm tab of the clock app however you’ll discover that what was once the Bedtime settings now reside within the Well being app.
Right here’s what it appears to be like prefer to edit your sleep schedule in iOS 14:
Learn extra 9to5Mac tutorials:
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.