Pandora is out with an update today that brings Siri assist to its Apple Watch app in addition to enhancing Siri assist on iOS. The underdog music service that’s Pandora continues to show Spotify how third-party music services ought to work on the Apple Watch. Pandora now helps two key options which can be must-haves on watchOS…
Spotify has complained over the last year that Apple doesn’t play fair in relation to working with third-parties. In the meantime, Pandora has continued to roll out assist for nice options like streaming on Apple Watch and before that offline playback. Right this moment, Pandora has debuted Siri assist on Apple Watch together with upgrading its Siri capabilities with iOS.
My colleague Bradley Chambers argued almost a year ago when watchOS 6 launched with an API for third-party streaming on Apple Watch that it was time for Spotify to “ship or shut up,” and in 2020 we’re nonetheless watching Spotify integration lag means behind rivals like Pandora.
Spotify did launch Siri support for Apple Watch earlier this month, however two main options it’s missing are offline playback and streaming assist (Pandora has each for watchOS), leaving Spotify on Apple Watch as a distant management for iPhone.
Spotify has heard suggestions from numerous its customers about bringing the Apple Watch up to snuff, however for some disappointing purpose, it hasn’t been a precedence. Some Spotify customers have even talked about leaving the service over the lack of Spotify’s follow-through.
Notably, all the best way again in 2017, a third-party app referred to as Snowy (previously Spotty) included offline playback for Spotify. The corporate then began “working” with the developer on it however the app was later killed off.
Time will inform if Spotify will get its Apple Watch act collectively in 2020. At any fee, Pandora retains exhibiting Spotify that what they wish to do is actually attainable.
As for Pandora on Apple Watch, listed here are the newest enhancements:
- NEW: Edit Shuffle Stations characteristic
* Out there for Premium listeners
* Choose which stations you wish to play on shuffle
- NEW: Siri on Apple Watch
* Ask Siri to play stations, songs, albums, and podcasts: “Hey Siri, play Thumbprint Radio on Pandora.”
* Inform Siri you want or dislike the present music: “Hey Siri, I like this music.”
- ADDED FEATURES/IMPROVEMENTS: Siri on iOS
* Ask Siri so as to add music to your assortment or for a particular playlist: “Hey Siri, add Resort California to my assortment on Pandora.” (Premium listeners solely)
* Inform Siri you want or dislike the present music.
* Much more customized discovery that will help you discover and take heed to the music you like.
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.