This yr’s main software program releases from Apple carry a pleasant improve for watching YouTube movies on lots of its gadgets. Observe alongside for the right way to watch 4K YouTube movies on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV.
Replace 10/2/2020: YouTube 4K assist is rolling out to Apple TV 4K.
Whereas iPhones and iPads don’t have 4K shows, they’ll present higher-quality video than the 1080p that they’ve been restricted to with YouTube.
Funnily sufficient, although Apple TV 4K has been out for 3 years, it’s just now gaining 4K YouTube support this year as effectively. You may watch YouTube in 4K on a Mac, but not with Safari for now. However we’ve seen the performance arrive with macOS Big Sur for Netflix.
With iOS 14, iPadOS 14, and tvOS 14, Apple is providing 4K YouTube assist.
iOS 14: Tips on how to watch 4K YouTube movies on iPhone and iPad
- Open the YouTube app in your iPhone or iPad (4K not obtainable with YouTube in Safari in iOS 14)
- Begin taking part in a video and faucet the display screen, select the vertical three-dot “Extra” icon within the top-right nook
- Faucet High quality
- To look at in 4K, decide 2160p when obtainable
Right here’s how the steps look on iPad (similar steps on iPhone):
Now faucet the three-dot “Extra” icon within the top-right nook:
Now faucet “High quality” and choose “2160p” when obtainable:
On Apple TV 4K with tvOS 14
Be aware: Apple TV 4K assist for YouTube is rolling out now (however with limits). If you happen to don’t see the choice but, you may AirPlay 4K movies from YouTube on iPhone or iPad to Apple TV as a workaround.
- Be sure you’re working tvOS 14 or later
- Open the YouTube app on Apple TV
- Begin watching a video
- Press the touchpad on the Apple TV distant
- Choose the vertical three-dot “Extra” icon
- Select “High quality” and decide 2160p when obtainable
Tips on how to AirPlay 4K YouTube movies to Apple TV
Earlier than lengthy you’ll have the ability to watch YouTube in 4K immediately with the Apple TV YouTube app, however till then…
- Within the YouTube app on iPhone or iPad working iOS 14, faucet the display screen of a taking part in video
- Faucet the forged icon (rectangle with wifi image within the left nook)
- Select AirPlay & Bluetooth gadgets
- Faucet your Apple TV
- Alternatively, you may display screen mirror your iPhone or iPad from Management Middle (pull down from the highest proper nook on gadgets and not using a residence button/pull up from the underside of the display screen on gadgets with a house button)
Learn extra 9to5Mac tutorials:
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.