A protracted-requested characteristic that arrives with iOS 14 is a brand new compact iPhone name interface that doesn’t take over the entire display. Right here is the way it works and the alternative ways you should utilize it.
Up till iOS 14, iPhone has featured a full-screen takeover for incoming calls. That meant with calls you wish to silence (as a substitute of decline) it’s important to look forward to the decision to cease ringing earlier than getting again to what you have been doing.
The brand new compact iPhone name interface is a banner-style alert on the high of your display that permits you to simply silence calls with a swipe, reply a name and maintain doing what you have been doing, or increase to the full-screen UI for the dial pad/audio choices/mute/and so on. within the Cellphone app or third-party apps.
Easy methods to use the iPhone compact name interface in iOS 14
- The compact name interface is the default on iPhone with iOS 14 (iPad too)
- You’ll be able to reply or decline a name from the compact alert on the high of your display with the inexperienced/pink buttons
- After answering you should utilize your iPhone as you usually would with out having to go away the Cellphone app (faucet the inexperienced telephone icon within the high left nook to go to the Cellphone app or different third-party app)
- Swipe as much as silence the decision with out declining it
- You’ll see the decision icon within the high left nook of your display in case you change your thoughts
- Faucet or swipe down on the compact name interface to make it fullscreen (to get audio output choices, dial pad, and so on.)
- When your iPhone is locked (display off), you’ll see the full-screen alert for telephone and video calls
Answering calls with the compact iPhone name interface
After answering a name with the compact banner alert, it would routinely slide away after just a few moments or you possibly can swipe as much as make it go away instantly (whereas persevering with your name).
Faucet the decision icon within the top-left nook to go to the Cellphone app.
To go proper to the full-screen interface for audio and video calls, swipe down or faucet on the compact banner:
Silencing and declining calls with the compact iPhone name interface
To say no a name, simply faucet the pink button. However in case you’d wish to be extra discreet (not ship the caller proper to voicemail) you possibly can swipe up on the compact name UI.
You’ll see the grey telephone icon transfer to the highest left nook of your iPhone in case you change your thoughts and wish to reply.
You’ll be able to nonetheless click on a quantity button in your iPhone to silence calls, however the compact name banner will stay in your display.
You’ll be able to revert to “Full Display” alerts for audio and video calls in Settings > FaceTime or Settings > Cellphone in case you for some motive don’t wish to use the brand new compact UI.
Learn extra 9to5Mac tutorials:
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.