A serious new change that comes with iOS 14 alongside dwelling display widgets is the iPhone App Library. The characteristic affords a brand new method to handle the various apps you’ve acquired with auto-generated classes, a brand new alphabetical view, the flexibility to cover app pages, and extra. Learn on for a hands-on take a look at methods to use the brand new iPhone App Library in iOS 14.
The brand new iOS 14 dwelling display widgets and App Library mix to convey the biggest-ever overhaul of the iOS consumer interface because it first launched.
What’s the App Library?
Whereas dwelling display widgets supply a refreshed UI with different sized, customizable widgets, the App Library brings some good choices to arrange and simplify the way you entry apps with auto-generated classes/folders, the choice to cover app pages, a brand new method to handle downloads, an alphabetical app checklist, and extra. The App Library lives on the finish of your final iPhone app web page.
How one can use the iPhone App Library in iOS 14
Accessing the App Library
- Head to your final web page of apps
- Swipe another time from proper to left
- Now you’ll see the App Library with routinely generated app classes
Utilizing the App Library
- You’ll be able to faucet a person app to open it
- Use the search bar on the high to seek out apps
- Faucet the small 4 app bundles within the backside proper nook of a class to see all of the apps in that App Library folder
- Pull down from the highest of the App Library to see an alphabetical checklist of all apps
- Attention-grabbing sufficient, I haven’t had success launching the App Library with Siri
Hiding iPhone app pages
For those who like the thought of leaning extra on the iPhone App Library, you possibly can cover your app pages. That makes it faster to get to the App Library.
- Lengthy press on a clean space of your house display or any app web page
- As soon as in edit mode, faucet the app web page dot icons within the bottom-middle of your display
- Uncheck the app pages that you just need to cover
- Faucet Performed within the high proper nook
You’ll be able to unhide your app pages at any time by reversing the steps above.
Managing the App Library
After you’ve edited app pages, you’ll see an alert that new downloads will present up within the Just lately Added part of the App Library. For now, the default is for brand new app downloads to additionally present up on your house display/app web page however you possibly can change that within the Settings app.
For those who’d prefer to have new downloads solely present up within the iPhone App Library and never seem on the house display or an app web page, head to Settings > Residence Display screen and faucet “App Library solely.”
There’s additionally an choice to get a notification badge to “Present in App Library” when you’d like reminders and a shortcut.
- Lengthy press on a class identify or a black house within the App Library to delete apps
- Lengthy press on a person app within the App Library so as to add it to again to your house display
- For now, there’s no method to rename the auto-created App Library classes or rearrange them (hopefully that would arrive in an replace)
- You’ll be able to nonetheless use folders on your house display or on app pages in addition to the App Library classes/folders, they’re separate
What do you consider the iPhone App Library? Helpful and worthwhile or do you suppose you received’t find yourself utilizing it? Any modifications you’d prefer to see earlier than the general public launch? Share your concepts within the feedback beneath!
Learn extra 9to5Mac tutorials:
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.