The OxygenOS IDEA 2.0 marketing campaign has now formally ended, with community-driven software program options now being whittled down from 1000’s to only 7 — all of which can doubtless come to a future construct of the third-party pores and skin.
Whereas the marketing campaign formally ended on November 6, it has taken nearly two weeks for the ultimate shortlist of options to be confirmed by OnePlus. Now although, we all know simply what we will sit up for being enveloped into one of the fashionable Android skins in the marketplace.
OnePlus took to the Forums to announce the winners of the IDEAS 2.0 marketing campaign and publicly affirm simply what options can be added to OxygenOS. There can be a complete of seven, with some very notable new inclusions alongside some extra modest day-to-day enhancements deliberate:
- Add a FPS counter option to Game Space
- Separate volume for each app and allow dual media playback
- Lockscreen Customization
- Wireless file transfer from PC to OnePlus and vice versa
- Power Diet – Save up for a rainy day
- Dark mode to be black instead of grey, or at least option for both
- Partial Screenshot
None of these options actually scream out as “must-haves” in lots of regards. OxygenOS could find yourself coming with new options however some strong concepts had been simply thrown out within the earlier rounds. We’d simply like to see OnePlus work on the digicam high quality, or return to the feel and appear that it had pre-Android 11 when it felt much less “ColorOS” in nearly each space.
Final yr, the IDEAS marketing campaign helped get the Always-on Display feature added to OxygenOS. This time round we’re doubtless getting some modest new options in a future OxygenOS construct which may not essentially appear as “huge” within the grand scheme of issues. Though, credit score the place it’s due, OnePlus nonetheless presents the neighborhood the chance to pitch new options and concepts for OxygenOS. It’s simply as much as the Chinese language OEM in the event that they undertake any.
Extra on OnePlus:
- OnePlus Buds will be available for just $1 tomorrow, probably for seconds
- OnePlus now offers student discounts on devices and accessories, but only in India
- T-Mobile put random OnePlus pop-up stores around the US, you can win $5,000 by finding them [U]
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.