Fallout: New Vegas The Frontier is a fan-driven mod overhaul project that has been in growth for years. In the end, it was lastly launched on Nexus Mods on the finish of January however the launch was something however easy. After only a brief time frame because it was made out there to the general public, The Frontier has formally been shut down and this is the reason.
First issues first: what IS The Frontier? The Frontier is a brand new Fallout expertise set inside New Vegas that takes survivors to new snowy terrains in Portland, Oregon. With new characters, new quests, and over 15 hours of latest story, this mod was certainly one of a handful that longtime followers could not wait to get their arms on. So why was it canned so shortly after launch?
Whereas the mod itself was launched with a ton of bugs that made it unplayable for a lot of (together with suggestions on the poor voice appearing and writing), that wasn’t really the rationale for the pull. In a latest submit on the mod’s itemizing on Nexus, the staff issued a press release surrounding paintings from one of many modders on the mission that was pedophiliac in nature. That is along with a plethora of post-launch modifications based mostly on “questionable” content material.
“It has lately come to our consideration that one of many artists for the mission has been creating inappropriate content material involving anthropomorphic minors for a while,” reads the most recent mod update. “Not one of the staff members had been conscious of this individual’s actions previous to them coming to mild and we condemn them within the strongest potential manner.”
For the reason that revelation, The Frontier staff says that stated artist was faraway from the mission instantly alongside their contributions. The staff additionally added a clarification that the artist was at any manner concerned with the writing of the mod, which they declare is unfaithful.
The mod staff says of their assertion that they made the choice to take The Frontier down, not that it was forcibly pulled, and that the Steam launch has been pushed again as properly to provide the group an opportunity to relaxation and regroup earlier than tackling the extra effort wanted to make up for the artist’s elimination.
For the reason that artist made the Pip-Boy icons, The Frontier will launch with the vanilla icons from New Vegas because the staff prepares to return to the drafting board to exchange them. The staff additionally outlined just a few different facets of the mod which were eliminated/modified:
- We’ve got eliminated ZuTheSkunks content material from the mod, particularly icons and self-inserts
- We’ve got made modifications to America and Mae’s content material
- We’ve got eliminated the Slavery strains and the strains from Mae that had been inappropriate. We acknowledge that these matters weren’t dealt with tactfully, nevertheless, there was by no means any malicious intent behind the writing of the strains.
- We’ve got locked the Trochili
- Quickly they’re inaccessible however they are going to be re-added in an esp that shall be supplied optionally later.
- We’ve got sadly needed to take away a number of characters-worth of voice appearing as individuals have requested that they not be related to the mission going ahead
- We shall be revoicing these characters sooner or later.
- We’ve got eliminated content material that has been requested to be eliminated by artists
- We’ve got eliminated the music for the breach outreach because the artist has requested his content material to be eliminated
- We’ve got modified and eliminated just a few items of questionable content material mod-wide
From the artists to a sizeable quantity of “questionable content material,” the work is much from over. How a lot slipped in the course of the seven years of growth is a little bit odd, however modifications upon reflection are at the moment in progress as Fallout: New Vegas followers await further updates.