Android updates are sometimes the butt of jokes, however issues are slowly getting a lot better. Samsung is among the many finest within the enterprise these days in terms of rolling out Android updates, and now, the corporate is rolling out the July 2021 safety replace to its Galaxy lineup. Right here’s the total listing.
Samsung July 2021 safety replace – what’s new
Samsung began the rollout of its July 2021 safety replace on June 30, roughly every week earlier than the primary Monday of July when Google will launch the listing of core safety points that this patch fixes. The listing was launched, although, on July 7 and contains 20 fixes for Galaxy smartphones, most of that are from Google. Many of the points are patching Bluetooth vulnerabilities.
Nevertheless, we do know one factor that the replace addresses. Final month, Google confirmed that Samsung could be shipping a fix for Android Auto problems with its July 2021 safety replace. The repair is ready to cease a problem that precipitated Android Auto to crash every time the machine was unlocked in any method.
For essentially the most half, July updates for Samsung units are pretty small, except for the Galaxy Observe 20 sequence which weighs in at over 1GB. There aren’t any apparent modifications within the replace, although, outdoors of a brand new QR code scanner as captured beneath by SamMobile.
Gadgets with Samsung July 2021 safety replace
Which Samsung units are getting the July 2021 safety replace? The listing from Samsung is, as ordinary, fairly hefty. As of July 1, Samsung is rolling out month-to-month patches to just about 40 units together with 5 Enterprise units. An extra 61 units are getting quarterly updates and 44 are getting biannual updates.
Beginning this month, this listing will embrace a notice on the place the replace first debuted and if it’s also out there in the USA. As ordinary, the most recent additions shall be marked in daring.
Galaxy S Collection
Samsung kicked off this newest safety replace beginning on one in every of its hottest sequence, the Galaxy S lineup. The replace first debuted on the Galaxy S10 on June 30 in the Czech Republic. Simply a day later, the replace expanded to the remainder of the Galaxy S10 sequence in different elements of Europe together with Italy, Austria, and Switzerland. The replace was additionally launched in South Korea on the identical day and prolonged to the unlocked S10 within the US around July 19. Rounding out the sequence, the Galaxy S10 Lite was up to date first in Spain round July 10.
On July 6, Samsung then launched the July safety patch as an over-the-air replace on the Galaxy S20 sequence. That replace began its rollout in Germany. On July eighth, the replace expanded to the Galaxy S20 FE, however solely the LTE mannequin in Russia on the time. By mid-July, the replace had extended to the Snapdragon variations of the Galaxy S20 FE in Europe and different areas.
The Galaxy S21 sequence, the corporate’s present flagship, picked up its replace on July 9. This launch additionally marked the debut of the July patch in the USA with unlocked items getting the replace first adopted by carriers together with T-Cell. That replace has since appeared on Samsung’s official update tracker and by July 15 had prolonged to the UK, India, and several other areas throughout Europe.
- Galaxy S21 — G991USQS4AUFD (Launched first in US, unlocked)
- Galaxy S21+ — G996USQS4AUFD (Launched first in US, unlocked)
- Galaxy S21 Extremely — G998USQS4AUFD (Launched first in US, unlocked)
- Galaxy S20 — G981FXXU8DUF9 (Launched first in Germany)
- Galaxy S20+ — G986FXXU8DUF9 (Launched first in Germany)
- Galaxy S20 Extremely — G988FXXU8DUF9 (Launched first in Germany)
- Galaxy S20 FE LTE — G780FXXU4CUG1 (Launched first in Russia)
- Galaxy S20 FE 5G — G781BXXU3CUG2 (Launched first in Europe)
- Galaxy S10 — G973FXXSBFUF3 (Launched first in Czech Republic, out there within the US)
- Galaxy S10+ — G975FXXSBFUF3 (Launched first in Europe, out there within the US)
- Galaxy S10e — G970FXXSBFUF3 (Launched first in Europe, out there within the US)
- Galaxy S10 5G — G977BXXS8FUF3 (Launched first in Europe)
- Galaxy S10 Lite — G770FXXS4EUF6 (Launched first in Spain)
Whereas Samsung has a number of newer foldables in the marketplace, the July 2021 safety patch was launched on the unique Galaxy Fold earlier than any others. The replace first launched in France however has since extended to the USA. On July 7, the replace was then noticed on Galaxy Z Flip in Germany, however not the 5G mannequin simply but. On July 12, the replace additional expanded to the Galaxy Z Flip in the USA, however solely the variant bought by Dash. It was additionally quietly launched on AT&T and, on July 13, confirmed up on unlocked fashions within the US and on a wider worldwide basis.
- Galaxy Fold — F900FXXS5EUF3 (Launched first in France, out there in US)
- Galaxy Z Flip — F707BXXU3DUF4/F700USQS4DUF1 (Launched first in Germany, out there in US)
The primary Samsung pill to get the July 2021 safety patch is, sarcastically, the Android 9-running Galaxy Tab Lively 2. Just some days later, the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 additionally picked up its July patch, although at first it was solely launched in Bolivia. The Tab Lively 3 noticed its replace first in Hong Kong.
- Galaxy Tab Lively 2 — T395NKOSCCUF2 (Launched first in Asia)
- Galaxy Tab Lively 3 — T575XXS3BUF2 (Launched first in Hong Kong)
- Galaxy Tab A 8.0 — T295XXU4CUF8 (Launched first in Bolivia)
Galaxy A Collection
The primary machine in Samsung’s extraordinarily widespread Galaxy A sequence to get the July replace was the Galaxy A52. The machine was up to date first in Bolivia and Panama forward of a wider worldwide rollout which happened around July 13. This isn’t the 5G variant, although. Shortly later, the Galaxy A31 noticed its July replace in Brazil. Galaxy A10s was up to date in Malaysia and Vietnam on July 8 whereas A02s was up to date first in Brazil round July 13 with the Galaxy A70 being updated the identical week in the identical area.
In the meantime, in Russia, the Galaxy A41 was up to date around July 16 and the Galaxy A50 round July 19 on Dash in the USA. Days later, the Galaxy A10e noticed the July patch arrive alongside its Android 11 upgrade and by July 21 the patch had arrived on the Galaxy A51, although only in Russia to start out.
- Galaxy A52 — A525MUBU2AUF3/A525FXXS2AUF4 (Launched first in Bolivia, Panama)
- Galaxy A02s — A025MUBU2BUF5 (Launched first in Brazil)
- Galaxy A51 — A515FXXU5EUG2 (Launched first in Russia)
- Galaxy A41 — A415FXXS1CUG1 (Launched first in Russia)
- Galaxy A31 — A315GDXU1CUG1 (Launched first in Brazil)
- Galaxy A01 — A015MUBU4BUG2 (Launched first in Brazil)
- Galaxy A10s — A107FXXU8CUG1 (Launched first in Southeast Asia)
- Galaxy A10e — A102USQUBCUFC (Launched in US)
- Galaxy A70 — A705MNXXU5DUF2 (Launched first in Brazil)
- Galaxy A50 — A505USQSDDUF1 (Launched in US, Dash)
- Galaxy A2 Core — A260GDDSBAUF1 (Launched first in India)
Galaxy Observe Collection
Samsung first launched its July 2021 safety patch as an replace to the Galaxy Observe 10 and Galaxy Observe 10+ together with the cellphone’s 4G and 5G variations. The replace is rolling out in practically two dozen areas together with most of Europe and the Center East and, as of July 10, has rolled out on Verizon in the USA. On July 16, the replace has additionally made its strategy to all unlocked Observe 10 units within the US in addition to increasing to just about each service mannequin, too.
On July 8, the most recent patch was noticed in Poland on the Galaxy Observe 10 Lite. The replace then prolonged to Galaxy Observe 20 and Observe 20 Extremely in Germany, carrying a brand new QR code scanner within the bigger than regular replace.
In what shall be one in every of its final updates, the Galaxy Observe 9 additionally picked up the July safety patch from Samsung around July 13, with the rollout beginning in Germany and two days later showed up on the Xfinity model of the cellphone.
- Galaxy Observe 20 — N980xXXU2DUF8 (Launched first in Germany)
- Galaxy Observe 20 Extremely — N986xXXU2DUF8 (Launched first in Germany)
- Galaxy Observe 10 (4G and 5G) — N97xFXXS7FUF5 (First in Europe and Center East, out there on all US carriers)
- Galaxy Observe 10+ (4G and 5G) — N97xBXXS7FUF5 (First in Europe and Center East, out there on Verizon in US)
- Galaxy Observe 10 Lite — N770FXXS7EUF2 (Launched first in Poland)
- Galaxy Observe 9 — N960FXXS8FUF5 (Launched first in Germany, out there on Xfinity within the US)
Galaxy F and M Collection
The primary machine in Samsung’s reasonably priced Galaxy M sequence to see the July 2021 safety replace was the Galaxy M11 which was up to date in Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam. Afterward, the Galaxy M51 saw the July replace in Russia and Ukraine to start out. Galaxy M01s was then updated in India with the July patch coming with Android 11.
- Galaxy M11 — M115FXXU2BUF3 (Launched first in Southeast Asia)
- Galaxy M51 — M515FXXU3CUG1 (Launched first in Russia)
- Galaxy M01s — M017FXXU2CUG1 (Launched in India)
Different Samsung units with the July 2021 replace
Beginning in Poland on July 14, Samsung updated its rugged Galaxy Xcover Professional with the July 2021 safety patch. Two days later, the update hit Galaxy Xcover 4s in some international locations in Northern Europe.
- Galaxy Xcover Professional — G715FNXXS9CUG2 (Launched first in Poland)
- Galaxy XCover 4s — G398FNXXUCCUG1 (Launched first in Nordic area)
This text was initially revealed on July 2 final up to date on July 19.
Extra Samsung Information:
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. More.