Earlier this week, Google began beta testing Android 13 for Android TV. Much like earlier years, a system picture is obtainable for the ADT-3 Developer Equipment.
The beta is a chance so that you can check your apps and supply suggestions on the newest launch. Additional customizations in Android to enhance the expertise and compatibility on TV might be launched with
Given the totally different experiences, there are separate testing paths for Android TV and Google TV. You may set up a Google TV Beta 1 system picture on the ADT-3 Developer Equipment immediately.
In the meantime, each an Android TV 13 and Google TV beta testing expertise is obtainable through the Android Emulator for TV. Google has recognized the next points and it doesn’t make for probably the most secure expertise:
- When Bluetooth headphones are related, AV playback on some apps doesn’t work.
- In some circumstances when making an attempt to pair Bluetooth units, urgent the aspect button on the ADT-3 gadget doesn’t activate a Bluetooth gadget search. If distant pairing is misplaced, you possibly can work round this by utilizing ADB instructions to simulate distant enter. Alternatively, you possibly can reflash the unit.
- Distant management buttons can’t be reconfigured utilizing the Distant & Equipment menu.
- The choice to vary HDMI-CEC management is at the moment lacking from the Distant & Equipment menu.
- When casting to 4k TVs, solely the highest left quarter of the picture is proven.
- In some circumstances when the ADT-3 gadget is related to an LG TV, the distant management doesn’t work.
- When utilizing the Google Play Motion pictures app, 4K playback is corrupted by a grey display and noise.
- For iOS units, the Google Dwelling app fails to connect with the ADT-3 gadget. To work round this concern, use the Google Dwelling app on an Android gadget or the ADT-3 distant management.
This Beta 1 was launched (h/t Android Police) on Might 4, or simply over per week after the Pixel model grew to become obtainable. Keep tuned as we dive into what’s new.
Extra on Android 13:
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. Extra.
Try 9to5Google on YouTube for extra information: