Nvidia Protect TV house owners are in for an additional replace, with the Protect Expertise 9.1 improve bringing help for an computerized low-latency mode, nighttime audio, and extra.
Protect Expertise 9.1 is rolling out beginning immediately to Nvidia Protect TV house owners, nonetheless primarily based on the earlier Android TV 11 replace.
What’s new? The most important information is that the Protect TV is getting a low-latency mode.
The dearth of an computerized low-latency mode for gaming on the Protect TV has all the time been a little bit stunning however has change into a bit extra of a sore spot with the rise of cloud gaming providers together with Nvidia’s personal GeForce Now, which touts higher latency as part of its RTX 3080 tier.
Nvidia explains that the Protect can now robotically activate low-latency modes on TVs that it’s related to when enjoying video games – or utilizing a video-conferencing app, apparently – a setting that reverts robotically after you return to regular streaming apps.
SHIELD now robotically switches TVs with computerized low-latency mode to “recreation mode” when enjoying video games or video conferencing — after which reverts to the earlier setting when enjoying motion pictures or streaming TV reveals. This latency-saving function replaces the cumbersome technique of discovering the TV distant, switching the mode setting, and altering it again when gaming classes are full.
Past low-latency help, this newest replace for the Protect TV additionally provides help for a “night time listening” mode when utilizing HDMI audio. This function, which can be utilized by Roku, lessens the impression of sure sounds to higher steadiness sound for listening at night time. The function may reduce loud explosions, whereas boosting quiet dialogue, to allow you to hear every thing higher when the amount as an entire is turned down.
One other huge perk on this replace is a brand new notification that kicks in when the microphone is enabled.
The total changelog of latest options in Protect Expertise 9.1 follows:
- Provides help to robotically allow recreation mode on supported TVs (ALLM)
- Provides night time listening mode (HDMI audio solely)
- Provides possibility specify community workgroup when connecting to SHIELD over native community
- Provides choice to create your personal password when connecting to SHIELD over native
- [SHIELD Pro 2019] Provides AI upscaling help for 60Hz HDR10 video
- [SHIELD Remote 2019] Provides choice to solely wake SHIELD with energy or NETFLIX button
- [Game Controllers] Provides choice to solely wake SHIELD with brand button
- Provides choice to match uncompressed audio with Dolby reference quantity ranges
- Provides choice to disable displaying HDR/Dolby Imaginative and prescient content material
- Provides notification when app makes use of microphone
And past these new options, Nvidia can be together with a bunch of bug fixes with this replace.
A bug that robotically re-enabled Dolby Imaginative and prescient on boot has been fastened, and a difficulty that disabled the “Restart Wi-Fi” fast setting has additionally been patched. Nvidia says some audio “pops” have additionally been resolved, in addition to some file switch and NAS points. HDMI-CEC help has been improved, and GeForce Now customers will not expertise connection points when utilizing Nvidia Share.
This replace is rolling out immediately to all Protect TV house owners.
Extra on Android TV:
FTC: We use earnings incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. Extra.
Try 9to5Google on YouTube for extra information: